This school year, New Orleans College Prep and Access Health Louisiana have partnered to operate the School Based Health Center at Crocker College Prep. This is a clinic that provides FREE health care during school hours. Even if your scholar has a regular health provider, the Center is available for same-day appointments and transportation is available. Some available services include:
- Sports or school physicals
- Wellness exams
- Evaluation, follow-up, laboratory testing, and prescriptions for health issues (pink eye, ear infections, asthma, allergies, etc.)
- Emotional and mental health concerns (depression, anxiety, anger, behavioral or organizational issues, etc.)
Parents must complete a consent form in order to utilize the Center. Please contact school nurse with any questions.
The school nurse is a full-time employee and registered nurse (RN) who is available for the well-being of all Crocker scholars. The school nurse is responsible for health assessments, monitoring immunization records, performing state mandated health screenings of scholars as needed (i.e. vision, dental, hearing and scoliosis), coordinating care for students receiving medications or special procedures, and evaluation of any health or safety concern during instructional hours. All health problems or concerns should be reported to the school nurse.
Please contact the Crocker Nurse, Teri Chartier (firstname.lastname@example.org) for any questions and/or concerns related to the topics listed below.
- Immunization and Health Requirements
- School Medication Administration
- Illness Policy
- Bathroom Accident Policy
- Food Allergy Policy