We provide transportation for any scholar living more than one mile from school through B & L Transportation.
However, the right to free transportation is dependent upon a scholar’s behavior while waiting for and/or riding the school bus, in addition to parents being on time to pick up their scholars daily.
If you need to make any changes to your child’s transportation, call the main office at (504) 335-0404 before 3:05 P.M. (1:30 P.M. on Friday's) or complete the online form
- Bus stops may be up to .5 miles from your address based upon population, route access and traffic patterns. Requests for closer stops will not be taken.
- Please be early! Due to uncontrollable circumstances (i.e. weather, traffic) school buses may sometimes run slightly ahead or behind schedule. Scholars should be at the bus stop at least 10 minutes before their time.
- Children ages 8 and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian when getting on and off the school bus. If a parent or guardian is not at the assigned bus stop to pick up scholars, the driver and Crocker College Prep will attempt to reach a parent or guardian to arrange a pick up at a later stop. Drivers are not required to bring a child back to their original stop. If we are unable to reach a parent or guardian and scholars are not picked up by the end of the route, bus drivers will take scholars to the 6th District Police Station where a DCFS report will be filed by the police.
- Bus behavior – Scholars must remain in their seats, talk quietly, and follow all directions given by the bus driver. Scholars who behave poorly on the bus compromise the safety of themselves and others. Poor bus behavior may result in suspension or termination of transportation services. If your child is suspended from the bus, it will be your responsibility to arrange for alternative transportation. In addition, if your scholar reports any incidents of bullying on the bus, please tell the school staff immediately.
- For late buses and other route questions please contact B & L Transportation at Dispatch (504) 388 5390 or email them at blnola. email@example.com
If you have concerns about transportation, contact:
B & L Transportation, (504) 388 5390 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Angela Lockley, Dean of Scholars and Families - Elementary School, call or text (504) 256-2778 email@example.com
Jamar Fisher, Dean of Scholars and Families - Middle School, cal or text (504) 418-0388 firstname.lastname@example.org
Front Office, (504) 335-0404